Turnaround Time

Update by user Nov 30, 2017

Oh and we've had street lights installed in the summer for the entire block. They have not been turned till this day (November 30 2017).

It's completely dark and it's hard to see. I was told it was Xcel's issue, I called them to notify them, and they told me they have not received a billing statement in order for them to turn on the lights.

They left messages for the designer/builder and are waiting for them to give Xcel that information so they can turn on our street lights. Just another lovely thing that we get to stress about with our new home.

Original review posted by user Nov 30, 2017

My husband and I purchased a home in the Country Club Highlands over $600k. We have nothing but issues.

Inside the home we have chipped cabinets, cabinets that have bolts holding them up from underneath, cracked grout in bathroom tile, gas turn on to fireplace that sticks out of the wall and is not flush, gaps around plumbing in bathroom drywall, non painted areas around the home, areas that were not sanded in the home before interior paint, slanted wood floor by top of stairs, non painted interior/exterior door, hole in framing/drywall, base boards sticking out, entertainment center has paint chipping from when they threw the wet panels together and the dried together so when pulled apart the paint came off, AND the floor in the laundry room is slated so much you can feel the dip. We also had the contractors using our electricity to build the homes next to us when the sign in our yard clearly states "PRIVATE RESIDENCE", a basement door that leaks when it rains and has large gap in framing. On the outside of the home there are areas not painted, sink hole in the front yard that they did not fix correctly and still is a hole that collects water, gaps between brick and stucco that we complained about and were not filled correctly and is a ugly gray color that does not match the other side of home that was done correctly.**THIS BUILDER HIRES *** CONTRACTORS THAT WILL NOT FIX OR FINISH WHAT THEY DID AFTER YOU CLOSE ON YOUR HOME. NEVER HAVE I EVER EXPERIENCED SUCH HORRIBLE BUILDER, WE SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED WITH RICHMOND OR MERITAGE.

OUR FRIENDS HAVE NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THEM! We have tried since we moved in our home back in June to have things fixed. We continue to get nothing but the run around and all their contractors are now working on Century's other new development a few miles away. So now that they have our money they could care less about the fixes and poorly done work they did on our home.

Our damn door handle even fell off on the bathroom door! For a home purchased for this price it sure is built like a piece of crap. Social media will know of this treatment and the *** job done by this builder. **Go elsewhere!!

So you can enjoy your new home that is built nicely and you don't have to fight with and not enjoy the home your purchased from Century. Not worth it!! I wish we would have bought from another builder, total regret!

Here are a few pictures of the issues listed above, the dip in the laundry room, contractor using our electricity, and the leaking basement door that is not painted like it was supposed to be and with a large gap on the side. More pictures will be uploaded soon.

Review about: Century Communities House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Home layout, Location of home.

I didn't like: Quality, Higher horrible contractors, Too much money for poor quality.

Comments

Took car into Meineke to have them replace three broken bolts in manifold; charged me $1500.00 for a job that should have been $200.00 at best. Will NEVER go back and trust me when I say I will be doing a lot of “advertising” for Meineke!